Akyrviron was created during the summer of 2010 by Kevin Partier as a solo project when plans for a full band never came to fruition. The project aims to embody themes of power and harmony in equal measure, with the energy of melodic metal moderated and contrasted by soundscapes of layered synthesizers, orchestral elements, and folk influences.
Instrumental music allows the listener to focus on the mental journeys generated purely through sound. Instrumental symphonic/power metal in particular is nearly unknown, but it is perhaps the most suitable musical conduit to express the ideals at the core of this project.
Akyrviron grows alongside me as a person. Thus, newer songs may be stylistically different from their predecessors, but will retain the fundamentals and overall vision to the best of my ability.
There is no specific agenda behind the music other than inspiring mental and spiritual grounding, remembrance and equanimity. I aim to make it an antidote to the chaotic realities of existence we are often mired in.
Akyrviron (ack-eer-ver-on, although pronunciation doesn’t matter) is an entirely fictional name that came about from my interest in fantasy RPG games.
Equipment (updated February 2018)
This is the complete list of equipment and software that is currently utilized to make the music for Akyrviron. There are a few items omitted that are no longer used.
- Ibanez GAX70, tuned E standard (string gauge .046, .036, .026, .017, .013, .010).
- ESP V-50, tuned Drop C (string gauge .056, .036, .026, .017, .013, .010).
- ESP B-55 5-string bass, tuned B or C (string gauge .130, .100, .080, .065, .045)
- Korg M50-61 music workstation
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface
- Audio-Technica M50 headphones
- Audio-Technica M40FS headphones
- Various sound systems to test the final mixes
- REAPER 5 – Recording/production
- REAPER 5 built-in plugins
- Voxengo plugins – GlissEQ, PrimeEQ, Deft Compressor, Elephant, Polysquasher
- ValhallaDSP plugins – Vintage Verb, UberMod
- Drumwerks acoustic drum samples